Criminal Record Check Requirements
Updated Thursday January 19, 2017 by Peterborough Minor Lacrosse Association.
New for all OLA centers beginning for the 2015 season. ALL bench staff (Rep & House league) are required to complete a police check in advance of the season. If you are new to coaching or volunteering with a team you will need to visit the CRC check tab on our website and obtain a letter to take to the police station to obtain a CRC check. This will allow you a discounted fee as a volunteer. If you would prefer you can complete the CRC check Online.
For returning coaches. You do not require a new CRC check. You can download an "offense declaration" form form the CRC tab on our website. Complete the form and scan and email or drop off to our privacy officer.
SEE BELOW Information for details on what is needed and how to complete your CRC
ALL bench staff (Rep & House league) are required to obtain a Criminal Record Check in advance of the season. If you are new to coaching or volunteering with a team, there are a few options available to obtain a CRC, depending on your residency.
- Attend one of the in-person registrations scheduled where you can complete the necessary paperwork to have the Criminal Record Check completed. This is for City of Peterborough, Village of Lakefield, and Township of Cavan Monaghan residents only. You must bring exact cash of $10.00
- Complete the Criminal Record Check process online through the www.peterboroughpolice.com /request/record-checks/
This is for City of Peterborough, Village of Lakefield, and Township of Cavan Monaghan residents only. The fee is $10.00 plus a $9.95 processing fee
- Complete the Criminal Record Check process in person at the Peterborough Police station (2nd floor) during the following hours: Mon-Thurs 8:30-4:15, Fri 8:30-1:15. You will need to bring with you a print out of the volunteer letter in order to obtain the volunteer fee of $10.00
- If you live outside the Peterborough Police Jurisdiction, you will need to complete the Criminal Record Check process in person at the Police Service Responsible for that area. You will need to bring with you a print out of the volunteer letter in order to obtain a volunteer fee.
Identification Requirements (2 pieces from the following):
· Photo Identification that includes your name, date of birth and address is required. Acceptable forms of identification include drivers licence, photo health card, passport, birth certificate, BYID, Resident Card, etc.
· If Identification does not show an address; proof of current address within our jurisdiction must be presented (piece of mail addressed to applicant, rent/lease receipt/agreement, etc).
· Non-photo health cards and social insurance cards are not acceptable for identification purposes.
Options to provide completed CRC to PMLA Privacy Officer:
- If picking up completed check at the Peterborough Police Station, ask to have it placed in the PMLA folder. These can be picked up 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week from the front desk located on the main floor. You must have ID.
- Scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drop off in sealed envelope to the PMLA office at the Kinsmen
Returning coaches: Please print the "Criminal Offence Declaration" form from the CRC tab on our website. Complete the form and drop off to the PMLA office at the Kinsmen or scan and email to our Privacy Officer at email@example.com
OLA members can now go online to obtain the necessary criminal record check for OLA registration. The fee to OLA members is $27.00 and most reports are prepared within 24 hours
(and can be shared with various non-profit organizations). All results are confidential to end users.
This article has No Comments.
You must be a member of the League and logged in to
post comments. Login here.